Prezzo is owned and operated by managing partner Edward Pozzuoli and award-winning restauranteur Burt Rapoport who has been operating restaurants in South Florida for over 30 years. If you’re looking to make some money in a fun, exciting and upbeat environment then this job is for you.
As the Prep Cook, you ensure our guests’ experience is complete by preparing or directing preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems
As a Prep Cook you will be expected to (but are not limited to the following):
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems. Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation. Serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely by marking dates and items.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders. Apportion food for serving.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Maintain daily production records.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Moderate reading and writing skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- The physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
- The ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Prior experience in related food service positions required.
- The work that Prep Cooks do is both physically and mentally demanding. They support the Mission, Values and Vision of the restaurant and the facility. They support, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for: Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs. They must maintain the confidentiality of all data, including employee and operations data. They are responsible for Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Cooks must remain Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- While performing their duties they must supports and participate in common teamwork including working together with all co-workers; planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment. They use tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- They must complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned. The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job including but not limited to: Kitchen equipment, i.e., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.
We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Prezzo believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. Prezzo conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. We are a Drug Free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prezzo, an Italian trattoria located in Boca Raton, is known for its soulful preparations and imaginative interpretations of the Italian classics since its inception in 2017. The talented chef team at Prezzo offers an array of dishes sure to please regulars and newcomers alike.
The centerpiece of its restaurants are the sights and smells wafting from the wood-burning oven known for producing crispy, thin-crust pizzas, among other signature dishes. Did you know that Prezzo introduced the first wood-fired pizza oven to South Florida when it opened it’s first location in Boca Raton in 1989!
Inside dining as well as al fresco seating is available. Prezzo features a spacious indoor/outdoor bar area, complete with beer, signature cocktails, and a curated wine list. Beyond its cool, laidback ambiance and convivial neighborhood vibe, the beloved Boca Raton locale is known for its popular happy hour and live entertainment nights.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)