Prezzo is owned and operated by managing partner Edward Pozzuoli and award-winning restauranteur Burt Rapoport who has been operating restaurants in South Florida for over 30 years. If you’re looking to make some money in a fun, exciting and upbeat environment then this job is for you.
- Follows all company polices as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintains a positive attendance record by reporting to work for assigned shifts 10 minutes prior to scheduled time, switching and finding replacements for no more than 5% of scheduled shifts, following company time off and illness procedures, and having a 0% No call/no show record.
- Follows all sanitation and safety standards set forth by the company; maintains a score of 90% or better on all sanitation and safety audits.
- Meets all uniform, appearance, and grooming standards as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Knows all menu items offered at the restaurant. Accurately explains specials to front-of-the-house employees. If asked, accurately answers menu items in regard to preparation method, ingredients, portion size, and side items accompanying the dish. If asked, specifies substitutions for items on menu.
- Determines par levels for daily needs, and accurately prepares and communicates the prep list, keeping waste to a minimum.
- Clearly communicates orders/needs to station cooks (fry, salad, prep, etc.) with 100% accuracy.
- Prepares and verifies that all menu items are prepared according to our company quality standards 100% of the time.
- Communicates with the expediter/server when orders are ready for delivery within 1 minute of plating a dish.
- Follows the receiving and storage processes as defined by management.
- Performs sidework correctly as specified by management.
- Follows all end-of-shift checkout procedures with 100% accuracy as specified in the End of Shift/Checkout Procedures.
- Maintains a good team environment by assisting other team members with their station duties and sidework when there is a need and/or when available.
- The ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, products, and other items weighing up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Possess a valid food handlers certification.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations and understand units and measures.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- The work that Line Cooks do is both physically and mentally demanding. They support the Mission, Values and Vision of the restaurant and the facility. They support, cooperate with, and implement specific procedures and programs for: Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs. They must maintain the confidentiality of all data, including employee and operations data. They are responsible for Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Line Cooks must remain Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- While performing their duties they must supports and participate in common teamwork including working together with all co-workers; planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment. They use tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- They must complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned. The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job including but not limited to: Kitchen equipment, i.e., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.
We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Prezzo believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. Prezzo conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. We are a Drug Free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prezzo, an Italian trattoria located in Boca Raton, is known for its soulful preparations and imaginative interpretations of the Italian classics since its inception in 2017. The talented chef team at Prezzo offers an array of dishes sure to please regulars and newcomers alike.
The centerpiece of its restaurants are the sights and smells wafting from the wood-burning oven known for producing crispy, thin-crust pizzas, among other signature dishes. Did you know that Prezzo introduced the first wood-fired pizza oven to South Florida when it opened it’s first location in Boca Raton in 1989!
Inside dining as well as al fresco seating is available. Prezzo features a spacious indoor/outdoor bar area, complete with beer, signature cocktails, and a curated wine list. Beyond its cool, laidback ambiance and convivial neighborhood vibe, the beloved Boca Raton locale is known for its popular happy hour and live entertainment nights.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)