Prezzo is owned and operated by managing partner Edward Pozzuoli and award-winning restauranteur Burt Rapoport who has been operating restaurants in South Florida for over 30 years. If you’re looking to make some money in a fun, exciting and upbeat environment then this job is for you.
The bartender, must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A guest’s dinner and/or bar experience should be equally enjoyable and you play a major role in the overall picture. Remember, consistency is a key element in a positive experience. We achieve this by always following recipes. Your individual personality should shine through – use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
As a bartender you will be expected to (but are not limited to the following):
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Restaurants standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with restaurants standards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it.
- Place current bar tabs in front of Guests at all times.
- Anticipate your guest’s needs.
- Learn your guests’ names, occupations, and favorite drinks. This will make the Restaurant a special place for them.
- Responsible service of alcohol.
- Other duties as directed.
- The physical ability to walks and stand during entire shift.
- The physical ability to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time.
- The physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- You must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
- Basic mathematical, reading and computer skills are required.
- The ability to handle money and give correct change is required.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and must be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- The ability to multi task, excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of the Restaurants food & beverage specifications.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Licenses certification or registrations required for the position.
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The work that bartenders do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Bartenders must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with other employees and customers. Because the restaurant serves the public and is open on weekends and at night, Bartenders may work longer, irregular hours.
- The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Bartenders must also have the physical ability to walk and stand during entire shift. The employee frequently is required to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time. The employees must have the physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
- While performing the duties of this job, hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.
We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Prezzo believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. Prezzo conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. We are a Drug Free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prezzo, an Italian trattoria located in Boca Raton, is known for its soulful preparations and imaginative interpretations of the Italian classics since its inception in 2017. The talented chef team at Prezzo offers an array of dishes sure to please regulars and newcomers alike.
The centerpiece of its restaurants are the sights and smells wafting from the wood-burning oven known for producing crispy, thin-crust pizzas, among other signature dishes. Did you know that Prezzo introduced the first wood-fired pizza oven to South Florida when it opened it’s first location in Boca Raton in 1989!
Inside dining as well as al fresco seating is available. Prezzo features a spacious indoor/outdoor bar area, complete with beer, signature cocktails, and a curated wine list. Beyond its cool, laidback ambiance and convivial neighborhood vibe, the beloved Boca Raton locale is known for its popular happy hour and live entertainment nights.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)