Prezzo is owned and operated by managing partner Edward Pozzuoli and award-winning restauranteur Burt Rapoport who has been operating restaurants in South Florida for over 30 years. If you’re looking to make some money in a fun, exciting and upbeat environment then this job is for you.
o The Food Runner is responsible for supporting the restaurant staff by delivering food and other items to guests in a professional, timely and friendly manner.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivers food items ordered by guests without delay, at the desired temperature and in a highly presentable manner.
- Arranges the various food items properly on the table as per the seating plan.
- Clears the dishes as they are consumed.
- Carefully watches tables and fills water glasses and other drinks as appropriate.
- Provides friendly, gracious, motivated, detail oriented and responsive service to create a memorable dining experience for guests.
- Performs cleaning side work as assigned.
- Completes all service paperwork as required.
- Supports waiters and kitchen staff in other duties as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- The physical ability to maintain proper balance while walking briskly carrying food laden trays.
- Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- High energy and stamina are required.
- The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family.
- The ability to read menus, safety documents, etc.
- The ability to use the company’s POS system.
- The work that food runners do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Food runners must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with other employees and customers. Because the restaurant serves the public and is open on weekends and at night, Food Runners may work longer, irregular hours.
- The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
- While performing the duties of this job, hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.
We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Prezzo believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. Prezzo conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. We are a Drug Free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prezzo, an Italian trattoria located in Boca Raton, is known for its soulful preparations and imaginative interpretations of the Italian classics since its inception in 2017. The talented chef team at Prezzo offers an array of dishes sure to please regulars and newcomers alike.
The centerpiece of its restaurants are the sights and smells wafting from the wood-burning oven known for producing crispy, thin-crust pizzas, among other signature dishes. Did you know that Prezzo introduced the first wood-fired pizza oven to South Florida when it opened it’s first location in Boca Raton in 1989!
Inside dining as well as al fresco seating is available. Prezzo features a spacious indoor/outdoor bar area, complete with beer, signature cocktails, and a curated wine list. Beyond its cool, laidback ambiance and convivial neighborhood vibe, the beloved Boca Raton locale is known for its popular happy hour and live entertainment nights.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)